Enter the Blog

This blog was created as part of my studies - MTeach (teacher librarian) -hopefully here you may find some musings on education, libraries, life and studying along with generally witty and insightful comments (if i can manage any!).

Please add comments along the way. I'll be glad for any input, especially from fellow students and library lovers

Kylie




Friday, March 8, 2013

ETL 504

Well ..... we are embarking on another semester in the TL journey. This time we are looking at the TL as a leader. In another subject (can't recall which) I remember reading about the attributes of organisations that embrace opportunity and learning and collaboration and was thinking about the role of leadership in these and what sort of leaders we have as examples. This led me to contemplating on what I find important and what is lacking from the "leadership team" in my workplace and I came to the conclusion that perhaps vision, communication and the ability to inspire and enthuse are critical elements of good leadership - and the ability to listen to others and admits mistakes is a big plus too.

Having not read anything yet i am looking forward to my notions being challenged and expanded.

No comments:

Post a Comment